Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clipping path problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

designdave

Vendor
Aug 24, 2005
GB
Hi
I'm creating a clipping path in PhotoShop 6 and have noticed that I'm getting a radius in the corners! I want to have sharp clipped corners. Have I changed a default maybe?

The meathod Im using is : Opening image and clipping the outline with the pen tool, Im then saving clipping path then saving as an eps..

...The problem as explained above is if I clipped a window the 4
corners all show a radius. Can anyone help please?

Regards

Dave C

Are you dragging the pen tool? That will create points with handles that can be used to adjust the curvature. In the pallette is a little tool that looks like an upside down V - select the point(s) to change, and click them to change the points to square angles.

If I didn't understand your question, let us know.

Donna

Hi Donna,
Thanks for your suggestion but no, not dragging, all nodes are clean. Im just doing what I always do! It just seems as though some configuration has changed?

Been using PhotoShop for 6 years and never had this problem before!

Regards

Dave C

path_problem_1of3.gif

path_problem_2of3.gif

path_problem_3of3.gif

Kind Regards
Duncan

Hi Duncan
Checked your settings but still the same?

Regards
Dace C

When yo say 'the 4 corners all show a radius', is this in Photoshop, or your layout program?

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

the same?

if you have any figure in the radius - other than zero - you will get rounded corners

Kind Regards
Duncan

Thank you young sir that did the job nicely. I did check feathering setting and felt sure I had set that at zero!

Never the less, thank you very much I can now sleep at night...

Thanks also to Donna and Barehug.

You all have a good weekend.

Cheers
Dave C

Wicked. Glad you are all sorted & thanks for the vote!

Kind Regards
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back