Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clipping Path Is Not Accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

howdoyou

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
CA
When I create a clipping path in Photoshop then bring it into Illustrator, the path is not as accurate as the one i crreated in Photoshop. How can I fix this? Or is this an Adobe error?
Thanks!!!

Um... i think it has something to do with photoshop being a pixel (raster) based program which will make the clipping path you make appear jaggered when you zoom in.
So when when you place the image into Illustrator (which is a vector program) it tries to make the best out of a bad clip. ie illustrator isn't bound by the pixel by pixel aspect of photoshop and therefore can make a path through bits of an image (or pixels).

...I think

Marcus

How do I get one object to fit into another objects shape?

I want a couple of tiff images to fit into the path of the vector object I have created.

They are images of cards that I want to have follow a ribbon I drew.

Place your pictures where you want them.
Select you path (making sure it is above you pics in the layer order)
With the shift key down select you pics, got to
"Object / clipping mask / Make"
Then presto...

Marcus

howdoyou

How did you make the clipping path in Photoshop? If you used the lassoo or magic wand tool, you will get jagged edges, as they can only follow the pixels (which are square). To get a smooth clipping path, you must use the Pen Tool. Takes a little practice, but well worth the final results.

For a tutorial on using the Pen Tool, see here: and here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back