Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clipping Path appears untidy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggo99

Instructor
Jan 16, 2002
GB
I'm importing .TIF files with a white background into Quark, then using the clipping path function to define the non-white areas. The problem is that a thin white outline remains where the clipping path is.

I need a clean edge to the pictures because they are placed on a coloured background.

Are there any adjustments I can make to refine the clipping path?
Or is it only a problem on injet printers and monitors,
which will be OK when I take the job to my printers?

Help much appreciated

You need to use Photoshop to make clean paths in the first place. The ones Quark creates are not the best at all! Then instead of using the non-white areas, use the Embedded path you make in photoshop.

That is my point of view, having worked in repro companies.

However if it just for view then it could be the print and the screen. Best thing to do is to run it to a postscript printer.

If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

I agree 100%. It was nice when Quark added the feature, but in most cases you'll still get FAR better results from creating the path in Photoshop.

The safest and the only right way is to create path in PhotoShop and define it as clipping path. Then save as EPS. From v.4 Quark can recognize clipping path in TIFF as well. But I prefer EPS, despite that it has not so good preveiw as TIFF. In this case, save as EPS with JPEG preview.
Regards
Sergej

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back