Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLIPBOARD OBJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niamh02

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
IE
Im creating a program not unlike windows explorer. I want to be able to cut, copy and paste files from one location to another. At the moment Im using a temporary folder to store the files after they have been cut or copied and its working, but I have to code it using the clipboard object.Can anyone help me with this as most of the data Ive found seems to be about storing text, not files on the clipboard!
Any help would be appreciated
v.Confused
Niamh

um, you would only need to just put the file name into the clipboard....and then use the Name/Kill methods, or FSO, to move/delete/copy the files. [/b][/i][/u]*******************************************************[sub]
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

"....and then use the FileCopy/Name/Kill methods...."
[/b][/i][/u]*******************************************************[sub]
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

This may not be what you are looking for, but why don't you use the MS Internet Control? Since it is based on IE/Explorer you get some of the functionality of explorer, for example, use:

Me.WebBrowser1.Navigate "C:\"

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back