Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clip art Problem with server-based Office 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahlr

MIS
Oct 4, 1999
US
Visit site
I've been running into a problem of late. When the students here try to access clipart from Office 97 (any and all applications), they don't always get all that is available. A student can call up clipart, and only get 76 images. This might happen several times. Then they might get the full 3000+ images during the same session. It doesn't seem to matter what workstation they are at, nor does it matter who the student is. I'm running a server-based installation with all the clipart files at the same place on the server. All of the workstations have a network drive mapped to the Office 97 folder on the server. What can I do to eliminate this problem? Thanks

Add RAM & increase your read-ahead optimization buffer.....we're having problems with ProQeust doing a <b><u>quite</b></u> similar thing with it's CD disks on our system....that seems to be the best solutions we've come up with so far (now just to get Mr. ******* to do it, or to delegate it to one of us.....to egotistical to let someone else do it. <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back