Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients unable to connect to published app

Status
Not open for further replies.

markettm

MIS
Aug 16, 2000
US
Hey everyone, hope someone can shed some light on this one for me.

I have a Metaframe XP server running on Windows 2000. It's a single box and part of our 2k AD.

I published the desktop for users but when they launch the .ica file I created they get the following error message:

"Unable to contact the Citrix Server Browser. Either your network is not functional, or you need to configure an appdress under Server Location, or the configured address is incorrect"

Clients are able to nslookup the server name, ping the server by both IP and name.

Also, there is no firewall (network or on the workstations) that is blocking traffic.

Not sure where the connection is dying?

Is your terminal server functional and activated? Can you log in to terminal services? If you can't access terminal services, then your problem lies there. Try connecting to the IP address of the citrix server with RDP. If you don't have XP, you can download a copy of RDP here for earlier workstations...

Please report back...

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

The IMA Service hasn't stopped for some reason has it?

Any errors being reportedon the Citrix box?

From the client try the following in a command prompt

telnet ip.ip.ip.ip 1494

The resulting telnet should display ICA^ICA^ICA^ etc etc

Why are you using an ICA file, why not use Program Neighbourhood.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. Here's my info:

I am able to attach to the box via RDP, so that piece looks good.

Also, I can attach via a custom connection through Program Neighborhood - problem lies with a user trying to connect via an .ica file. I'd like the users to access my app through that if possible and not Program Neighborhood.

Nothing in the box's event logs other than client printer creation failed, but I'm not worried about those. Nothing in there regarding failed logon attempts.

IMA service is running.

Am able to connect via a telnet to 1494.

The basics look good, but still connection via the .ica file???

Hey guys, made a change to the NICs that were listening on the RDP-tcp connection and can connect via the .ica file now.

The box has 2 NICs, one was disabled. But the properties of the listener stated for both NICs.

Guess that was my issue! Thanks again for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back