Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients missing in Standard Collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic

MIS
Nov 20, 2000
GB
Hi all

I have a fairly newish SMS2003R2 deployment. I have a problem that some clients are 'missing' from collections. For example, in the 'All Windows XP Systems', there are a small number of clients missing. I can manually add the client if required by using the 'Create Direct Membership Rule', so it clearly exists. There is a second problem, that I am also unable to deploy software to these machines. There are no obvious errors in the event logs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martyn

Sorry,

Forgot to mention. The agent has installed - apparently OK, WMI on the clients is OK and I have also forced a manual re-installation of the Advanced client...

make sure they are in a subnet that is in an ad site and or that your boundaries are setup right. If you look on those clients at the clientservices.log or clientlocation.log, I think you will see errors for them finding the MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back