Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients Disappear from Query/Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudeToo

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
GB
SMS 2.0 SP3 installed. Boundaries defined. Discovery not successful on some networks (ie no systems discovered on some networks - can find no firewall issues). 5 clients installed successfully. Can never see all 5 at once in Collections or Query "Clients". It seems to change most days as to which 2 are visible to the manager. Any ideas??

I am suffering from the same problem and I think I may be onto something. Our desktop folks have been ghosting bare SMS client installs on new PC's. They are failing to make the proper adjustments to the GUID's (I'm not sure yet what they have to do to do this; I'm suggesting they just remove the SMS client install rom the image). If there are duplicate GUID's one will replace the next in the Admin's console as they are discovered. There is a white paper titled, "Managing Duplicate Microsoft Systems Management Server Unique Identifiers" in Technet that will help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back