Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ClientRemote Install Quits after Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gclumpkin

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
US
All:

I have Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition version 10 installed on a Parent server managing both 8.1.0.825 clients as well as 10.0.1.1007 clients. The server is Windows 2000 and the clients are Windows XP SP2.

I can patch a 10.0.1.1000 client to 10.0.1.1007 from the server using ClientRemote Install, but when I try to upgrade an 8.1.0.825 client to 10.0.1.1000 from the server using ClientRemote Install, the CLT-INST folder gets copied to the client PCs TEMP folder, and nothing else happens. I've tried this with a client PC running 8.1.0.825 and with a new PC with no version installed; I get the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

You could try the other way around, by installing the client locally from the server. You will need the appropriate password.

Is it possible that those computers do not have the appropriate permissions to install the software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back