Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

client tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyB

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
US
I have never used DB2 or an AS/400. We have one on our network now and need to do data exports from it, for other systems.

Can anyone point me to some sort of client tool to connect, and export data from the DB2 database?

thanks

Hello DirtyB,

You have to distinguish between the middleware you could be using and the tool to create the extractions. For DB2 UDB (on NT or Unix) I suggest using the native ODBC drivers. You can then a great variety of tools to get data from the database (MS query from office,business intelligence tools, specialized tools like Quest central for DB2) IBM has tools to offer too nowadays (forgot the name of it) Way back I purchased a license for a simple query tool for just 50$ , it is simple but quite effective.
For AS400 there also a lot of options : Client Access Express ODBC or STARSQL ODBC drivers angd again almost any kind of query tool will do the trick. If you need more specifics let me know....

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back