Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client site not found error ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyper78

Programmer
Feb 5, 2004
AU
I've recently changed my command buttons over to Extended Command Buttons, however now I get an "Client Site not Found" error when I attempt to unload the form.

Code:
Private sub cancel_click()

Hide me
  Unload me  <-- no error when this line is commented out

end sub

Is it neccessary to "unload" the form on closing it? I do have some code on the MDI main form that closes all open forms on closing.

Thanks in advance

Hide" only makes the form invisible to the user but the form itself, and all of its objects and variables, remain in memory until it is unloaded.

Instead of:

Code:
Hide me
Unload me

Try explicitly unloading it:

Code:
Unload frmMyFormName

If that still doesn't work then try using the syntax found in the MDI Main Routine. If all else fails, you MAY have to rely on the MDI Main to unload your forms.

HTH

ciao for niao!

AMACycle

American Motorcyclist Association

Thanks for the suggestion AMACycle, however, this didn't work .. keeps coming up with the same error.
Is it essential that a child form gets "unloaded" while the parent is still running? Is it taking up a lot of resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back