Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meekos

Technical User
Feb 6, 2004
US
My client recently requested the ability to capture email addressed of visitors to their web site. Is this even possible? If so can it be done with PHP? If not what script would you recommend? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

That depends on what you mean by "capture email addresses". If you mean, "provide a place on a form where the user can enter and submit an email address", then this is more than doable.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

infact that is the only doable way (i am not counting ActiveX here ;))...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

If you mean that by visiting the site the script will search for the user's email address, not only is this not possible but totally unethical. Can be seen kinda like having to give your phone number to browse through a store so that they can pester you with sales calls for the rest of your life or sell the database.

Reality is built on a foundation of dreams.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think it was possible without the standard form. I didn't want to say so until I was certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back