Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

parker309

MIS
Jul 27, 2000
US
I have a client that is using XP Pro on his desktop and is having a problem using an .ica file. The file works with four other remote users except this one user. He can install the ICA Client program without error, but every time he then clicks the .ica file to launch his Citrix session it just flashes on the screen but never connects or gives a specific error. The user with the same PC right next to him works just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Have you checked the server side to see if an error is generated in the Event Log?

Can you (adminstrator) launch the ICA from this particular XP desktop?

It sounds like this might be the infamous client license problem.

The strange thing is that it never even gets to the point of asking for a username and password. So I don't think it is a license issue. I have had the user uninstall and reinstall the ICA client program to no avail. When he double clicks the .ica file it starts and says connecting to server but then just flashes and that is it. Nothing else. The user next to him is operational with no issues. Thanks for the reply.

We had the same issue due to CALs and solved it one of two ways:
1) Have user start another app via another Citrix Farm (if possible);
2) Delete the HKLM/Software/Microsoft/MSLicensing key (yes, the whole thing); it will be recreated at login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back