Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client insists on php & MS Access, connect problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebry

Programmer
Aug 6, 2001
US
Our project team does not have a php expert, so a newbie to php has done the programming, we have tried numerous code from various online sites, but to no avail. Does anyone know of a solution for this dilemma? Our current working copy is on a UNIX system, but I believe it will ultimately be hosted on a Windows system.

Jeff Bridgham
Purdue University
Graduate School
Data Analyst

Do you get any specific type of error? An error message? Anything?
Can you show us some code?

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

how are you expecting to connect to MS Access on a unix system? Does that work? i guess it's possible using a remote socket, if the incoming machine supports it. but then you would be transferring the entire database across the network the whole time, would you not?

i would move the development to a windows box and use a system based dsn to connect to access.

then use PDO to connect to the dsn through ODBC. Doing this gives you the best chance at later portability without much initial coding overhead.

the manual reference to the PDO DSN settings is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back