Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client history log on netware server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftd3

MIS
May 3, 2002
US
I am doing an eval on legato networker 4.2 for netware. I have a 5.1 server. Under logs, in the history.log file for each client, it shows the date as sometime in 1969. Is there soemwhere I can set this? Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Hi Tom,

do you eval the NetWorker for NetWare Client or Server version?
I have the Client version in production since 2,5 years now but I have never seen a history.log.
BTW the actual version of Legato NetWorker for NetWare (Servr and Client) is 4.21.
The 4.2 version has some bugs (see Release Supplement). The version 4.21 isn´t free of bugs too, but its better than the 4.2 version where it gaves a 4.20e, a 4.20f, a4.20g and a 4.20h.
Which version of NetWare are you running? On NetWare 6 you have to use the version 4.20g or 4.21.
The Bug I have seen in 4.21 is that when you have very deep directories with more characters as you can see on the ASCI GUI.
When you then want to make a restore and change the Browsetime to a.e. last week you will see the right Browsetime until you use one of the right or left arrows on the keyboard. Than the Browsetime automaticly switchs to the last backup time.
Legato knows that problem and the told me they are working on that.
We have such deep directories with more that 300 characters so it would be nice to have a solution soon.
Another thing is that we get an abend on the NetWare Server when we do a recovery of a file that in such a deep directory structure. Novell and Legato are fighting who the source of that problem is. We are using NetWare 6 with the latest patches.

Stefan

We have the networker server running on netware 5.1. The clients have been working fine so far. The server just works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I will check out 4.21 though. Thanks.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back