Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client hangs on new Dell Lat D810

Status
Not open for further replies.

saywho527

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2005
US
i have purchased three new Dell Latitude D810 laptops - XP pro SPs current - install latest Citrix client - when I start up the laptop the conection hangs at the "Connection Established, Negoiating capabilites - too get around this i cancel and try again - typically will connect after three trys - any guesses -
JUST THE FACTS:
Presentation server 4
switched 100 network

Do you have any other connection issues, such as problems copying large files?

If you have antivirus running on the laptop does it do the same thing when you disable it?

Sounds like you might have a failing NIC card. Can you attach another one to test that out?

TimeVsMoney.net

no other connection issues - every other feature flys - file copies are great - have not installed antivirus yet - just OS updates and citrix client - utilizing inside the office - have 3 brand new units and they all experience the same problem so have ruled out possible NIC failure

Are you sure your patch cable is working ? Are you using the public address of your citrix server or the private one ? I just purchased a Dell D810 and haven't had any problems... Try another network jack also.

Uninstall the Citrix Client.

Reboot.

Install the citrix Client and notice the different components you can install. ( and don't install the PM )

The default is not really what you want, It is looking for a Citrix server at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back