Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snackz

MIS
Jun 20, 2000
US
Our Network has 2 domain blocks. The SMS Primary Site is installed on our 208 domain block on a machine that not only hosts web sites, but is also our Domain controller as well. The only 2 computers being recognized by SMS is the server which the primary site is on, and one other machine used by a co-worker in the same office, he has a domain on the 63 block...I checked to make sure the SMS service account names and psswds are the same. I also tried to distribute the software to other machines on both domains, adn still, it remains unsuccessful. I would appreciate any feedback that can lead me in the right direction.

What sort of client discovery have you enabled?  What about boundaries?

The boundaries associated are the bottom range IPs for each blocks and the associated subnet with each one. I enabled most of the client discovery methods, even the Heartbeat method which is not absolutely necessary for our purposes here....thanks again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back