Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Deployment Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOUK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2004
Has anyone seen this tool yet? Everything seems to be on the website except this - or do you have to pay for it? (unlike all the other CDs)

Cheers!

I have seen this tool and used it, in my opinion pretty damn uselss, you have to (yourself) email the link to the exe file on the server where it is installed (ensuring it is shared out) to all the clients and have them click on the link and when the first splash screen appears have them tick a few tick box's and then proceed. It is just as easy to setup a script that runs at the next logon that does this, it is not exactly what avaya puts it up to be

yes, but the install is all done in the background from what I remember when I used it. They don't need to click next a few times, select whichever app - agreed, it's fairly useless, but for people who can hardly use a PC, it could be quite useful as everything is done in the background!

I have heard Aug 05

ipo.gif
Umm anotherprivatebuild !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back