Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

client crashed but the backup still tries to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

babaton

Technical User
Nov 23, 2004
GB
Hello,

Recently one of our backup clients crashed and died as a consequence we didn't have time to remove the backup exec agent.

I've since restored the data and setup a new machine with the same name and ip address, however the backup job still tries to connect to the G drive from the old system, there is no G drive in the new machine only C.

When I check the jobs selection only the C drive shows up which is correct yet each morning i have a message that the job was unable to attach to the G drive.

Is there any way to remove this phantom drive machine from the backup exec database?

Thanks.

Having the same problem. Ever found a solutions?

Have you checked the text version of your selection list?

Sometimes I have found phantom entries - they appear in the text version of the selection list and not the graphical. You would then delete them from the text window.

The text option is under the view format box at the top right of the selection screen when you are viewing job properties.

gozar has it.

the visual representation will only show you what exists currently. if you have artifact selections, they will only show up in the text version. the only bad part about deleteing multiple lines is that you have to keep scrolling back down after every delete. this can take a while if you have a lot of servers.

----------------------------
Josh
CCNA, MCSE 2003(in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back