Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client connection error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallacealex

Technical User
Mar 19, 2002
ZA
I am having a problem backing up a NT server now for the last month with no luck. It keeps on failing with a 'network timeout connection error 41. The NIC/Port settings are fine(100/Full Duplex). Whats funny is that my C drive on the same server is processing very fast (+- 4MB/per sec), but the D Drives process at +-50 to 150 KB/per sec. I have changed the timeout settings to way above; created a seperate policy for this particular server; unfortunately the client wont let me stop/start Norton anti-viruss during backup. I dont see any outbound settings on Norton to switch off. Lastly how/where can I see on which file the backup is failing other then monitoring the backup, which is not possible. Any suggestions are welcome. I AM DESPERATE !

Have you run a disk fsck on the D partition yet? Also, just to isolate Veritas from the problem, have you just done a simple 1 to 1 copy of the data to another area of disk - check out the time it takes for the copy.

You need to turn off anti-virus or at the very least, during backups set it so that it does not scan outbound files - I assume that this client is not a media server? Run a disk defragmenter as well. Excludes temp files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back