Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client can't open downloaded file w/o unblocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpochoda

Technical User
Dec 5, 2004
US
I emailed a new version of a db to a client as an attachment. We’ve done this many times before using the same version of Access 2003, Firefox and XP Pro. She saved it to the desktop and tried to open it. She gets the message, “Cannot open this file. This file is located outside your local intranet or on an untrusted site….” (She’s not on an intranet.) She can go to the file properties and unblock it. Then it opens normally. The problem is this is about to be sent to a bunch of users and I’d rather not have to talk them through unblocking. Any idea why this has occurred and why it hasn’t before?

Try changing the extension before emailing it, then having them change it back after downloading. I've heard of this problem happening because the the MDB or MDE files were being blocked for security reasons. Possibly these settings have been changed on their end.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back