Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

client cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

scree74

Technical User
May 19, 2003
GB
Hi all

can i set the amount of cache for each ica tcp connection in 1.8 metaframe for nt4 the bitmap cache size on some are set to none and on others are set to 20mb.
I am having intermittent slowness on site but have just today had 1mb link installed from a 64k isdn link and i am seeing only a slight diference.

Hey scree74,
I have noticed on a couple of our fat clients in remote locations that the client cache feature on the ICA client sometimes hurts more than it helps. This is due to the fact that some of those fat clients have very old hardware. The client will actually try to go through it's cache before jumping on the WAN link. If you have 386's with very slow h/d's it will seem like citrix is "slow".

Just clear out the cache within the PN and set it to only cache small amount of bitmaps.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back