Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

agianduso

MIS
Apr 19, 2002
US
I'm running Arcserve 2000 on Windows 2000 adv servers and I have both the client and open file agents installed. I also have SP4 applied. I'm recieving the following:

140 Client Agent empty buffer event.

The backup stops. I then have to bounce the server that hung the backup in order to resume the backup.

You help in resolving this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi,

Guess you might hafta reinstall the Client agent....

Do you have Agent for Open files???

Cheers
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I used to get this error periodically when backing up a server at a remote site. We had a small pipe to the server. Tape backup speeds also were about half of my other jobs. We finally got a bigger pipe to the site and the problem went away. I believe the only thing Arcserve says on the subject is to turn off Virus scans on outbound traffic and to go to half duplex on your network connections. Turning off the outbound virus scans seem to help some. Our WAN guys did not want to go to half duplex so I don't know how well that will help you. Good luck.

Hi,
I have the same problem with Client Agent:
Client Agent empty buffer event
Reinstalling the Client doesn't help. What else can i do?

On the target system bring up the Client Agent Admin gui and set the backup priorty to the lowest setting.

Hi,
i have set the backup priorty to the lowest setting, but it doesn't help. Any other idea?

Do you have virus scanning running? I was getting this message all of a sudden and then I realised that our virus scanning software was doing "real time scanning" and a complete system scan at the same time. This shafted the backups.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back