Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Agent for Windows - Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gclumpkin

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
US
All:

I am getting an error when my Arcserve 11.1 backup job attaches to our Exchange 5.5 server:

E12002 05/25/2006 08:14:09 PM <31WS> Client Agent for Windows - License Failure. Please contact your account representative to obtain a new license.

Information 05/25/2006 08:14:08 PM 537 6 BrightStor ARCserve Backup Client Agent for Windows is r11.1, build 3060...

Information 05/25/2006 08:14:08 PM 537 Connected with client agent at \\SERVER_NAME. (User = DOMAIN\Admin_name)

The sales rep I ordered our software from stated that I had to use Client Agent for Windows on this server in order to get document level backups. Is this right?

Thanks,
Greg

No, you can use the document level agent without the need for a separate client agent (unless you are also intending to backup the filesystem in addition to exchange - generally a good idea :) ).

However to use the document level agent you also need to purchase the regular exchange agent as well, even if you are going to use the document level agent functionality over the standard brick level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back