Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client 4.83 in Win2k Shuts down PC on Lock/Screensaver Password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tteknos

MIS
Nov 28, 2001
US
I'm running Windows 2k SP3, with client 4.83 SP1. Running Netware 6.0 at the server. I'm going to assume this problem has something to do with the client simply because I can't find any information about it for 2000, and no one's ever experienced this. I sometimes have my PC setup with a screensaver with a password. Sometimes I have no screensaver running, and just lock the pc from the control+alt+delete menu.

This happens at least every day, or ever other day. When I decide to unlock pc, or return from screen saver mode, it shuts down the pc. I type in my password, enter, and then it jumps to my screen for a second, then says like saving your settings, then windows is shutting down. No matter what I do, I can't figure this out. Since whenever I come back from screesaver, or lock the pc, it's a Netware Client menu that prompts me for my password, I have to believe the problem lies here. Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys can offer.

-Ted

I found info on it at Novell's site. The link is here:
The problem is, there's a fix in the works they say, and you can't test it without submitting a billable technical support incident. Does anyone have this fix, that can email it to me, or know of a work-around? Thanks in advance.

-Ted

Hi,

This problem is now fixed in SP2 for the client, available free from support.novell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back