Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID on Secondary DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rteed

MIS
Aug 10, 1999
US
I have a system with 3905 phones in a ACD group.
Key 0 = ACD (ACD DN) 0 (ID)
Key 4 = SCR (Primary DN) 1 MARP
Key 5 = SCR (Secondary DN) D MARP

With this setup calls made using secondary DN provide the called party the CID of Key 0, is there anyway to provide the primary CID?

Out bound calls to the outside world - Key 5 (DN) 0 (0 being the CLID table of your main number. Internal calls would still show the CND of the DN. This is a guess at to what I think you want. It looks as if CLID table 1 is the DID CLID>

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Make key 5 scr xxxx 1 and it will work just like key 4

The secondary DN is not mapped to a DID, so if I set it to 5 scr xxxx 1 it provides the called party with an invalid number.
What I need is if the user uses Key 5 it will send the DID number that is associated with Key 4 (primary DN).

If you set it as follows it will use the CPND of key 4 which is your primary DN for the set.

key 5 scr xxxx D

D in the CLID table section will search up the keys from 0 until it finds a key which is associated with a CLID table.

If you need to, you can build a CLID for the primary DN. Do not click yes to use DN for DID. Put the number you want it to show ie,
ENTRY 99
HNTN 417
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 626xxxx
DIDN NO
HLOC 417
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN
Your key 05 xxxx 99

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

We have multiple locations with none-DID roll over lines, the biggest site with 800+ numbers. Our way of solving this is to give a CLID value that corresponds to the Main number. That being said, we definitely encourage people not to use the roll over line to dial out unless absolutely necessary.

Would it work to change the ACD key CLID to "D" ?

Key 0 = ACD (ACD DN) [highlight #EF2929]D[/highlight] (ID)
Key 4 = SCR (Primary DN) 1 MARP
Key 5 = SCR (Secondary DN) D MARP

from the book:
"D = the character "D". When the character "D" is
entered, the system searches the DN keys from
key 0 and up, to find a DN key with CLID table
entry.
The CLID associated with the found DN key
is used."

I don't use any ACD positions so I can't verify this, but it makes sense; I don't think you make any outbound calls from the ACD key anyway. But I could be mistaken.
30n30w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back