Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID on overseas calls not showing -( CS1000M-MG) - Outgoing Calling line shows E.164 International

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm1808

MIS
May 13, 2009
CA
HI all

I need to set our calling line to show NUM PLAN National for our outbound as the carriers are discarding our CLID -
They are saying the following : please note that if you send A number with Screening Indicator of User provided – not verified, or User provided – verified and failed, our switch will have to screen the CLI on our network.

Where do can I change the Calling # call type ?
( I x'd out some of the number to keep customer data private)

DCH 58 OMSG SETUP REF 0000005D CH 2 21 TOD 11:46:06
CALLING #:[highlight #FCE94F]416xxxxxxx[/highlight] NUM PLAN: [highlight #FCE94F]E164/INTERNATIONAL (UNKNOWN)[/highlight]
CALLED #:011441983399103NUM PLAN: E164/INTERNATIONAL (UNKNOWN)

I can send programming for ISA route, Dchannel, CLID tables etc.. as requested .

thanks!

Mich

Hi Mich,

Assuming you are in North America - this might be a starting spot...

A) Try LD 90 - suspect your intl calls are under a SPN of 01 - edit CTYP - intl,nxx,npa, etc....
B) Try LD 86 - if using a DMI table - edit DGT -CTYP - intl,npa,nxx, etc. - last chance to change info leaving PBX

Food for thought ...

TGD

Hi and thanks for the reply!

Yes I am in North America -
I did check the SPN 01 and 011 for overseas calls - on the SPN I dont' see the call type here listed .. Only the DMI table which both SPN's reference the same table - the CTYP is INTL. When I dial out with AC1 - it's showing INTERNATIONAL ( UNKNOWN) for both the originating Calling line as well as the Called number ( overseas number called). The carrier is seeing call type 'unknown' from us and showing 'unknown' to far end. Why would both be showing this ? And any ideas on the INTERNATIONAL (UNKNOWN) - why it's showing the 'unknown' ?
Are their settings on the RDB as well ? I've checked the CLID entries.. tried putting the local NPA in the HNTN and having the 7 digit number CLID in the HLCL to make the 10 digit local number - still shows up as international calling .. Also tried having the full 10 digit number in the HLCL field and nothing in the HNTN field with the same result.
Any thoughts??

Here are the SPNs, RLBs and DMI table

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE SPN

SPN 011

SPN 011
FLEN 0
INPL NO
CLTP NONE
RLI 23
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 01

SPN 01
FLEN 0
INPL NO
CLTP NONE
RLI 7
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

FEAT RLB
RLI 23

RLI 23
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 59
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 4
DMI 7
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 59
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 4
DMI 7
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 2
LTER NO
ROUT 55
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 4
DMI 7
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 3
LTER NO
ROUT 22
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 4
DMI 7
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 4
LTER NO
ROUT 24
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 4
DMI 7
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 3
NALT 5
MFRL 4
OVLL 0

FEAT RLB
RLI 7

RLI 7
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 22
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 6
DMI 7
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 24
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 6
DMI 7
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 2
NALT 5
MFRL 6
OVLL 0

FEAT DGT
DMI 7

DMI 7
DEL 0
ISPN NO
CTYP INTL

mich

Mich

Hi Mich,

LD 90 - CLTP

It seems to me that the tagging of your INTL calls has been done via DGT vs the SPN. Either way should work.
SPN is the front end whereas the DMI table is the trailing end to manipulate the digit stream.

I am no expert by any means but seeing INTERNATIONAL (UNKNOWN)in the outgoing message via LD 96 would be normal. My systems say the same thing - INTERNATIONAL is what your system is sending - I believe UNKNOWN is the remote system connection.
At the International destination the client should probably see something like 00 416 xxx yyyy as the CLID on their telephone display. I doubt any "company" name would be displayed if being sent out. In North America you could see both if the service provider allows it.

Route 22,24,55and 59 - have been identified as the outgoing highways if SPN 01 or SPN 011 are involved.
LD90 and LD86 is where to change the call type on the route selected.

Hope this helps ....

TGD

In the DMI, change the call type to no change and test, some carrier do not like it when the pbx set the num plan type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back