Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID help. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodnight1880

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
Our new callpilot is not getting the entire 10 digits required for call sender to function. When I leave a message in my box it announces the message as coming from telephone number 9-783-xxxx. while the phone is ringing I see in the display 9-704-783-xxxx. I also have a second area code overlay of 980.
Does anyone know how to properly program the callpilot to use the area code as well as the exchange to determine local or long distance and to use the complete CLID to use the call sender feature?

While I am not totally sure about this - we had similar problems and wound up removing the home NPA from the CallPilot configuration.

I'm guessing that Nortel did not consider NPA overlays when the designed the system????

If you go into Callpilot manager and open messaging-dialing information, scroll to the bottom of the screen you will see dialing translations. You need to add your area codes ie.: 704 and 980. In each added code you will have to specify how to dial these numbers. example would be 9704 for local, read "defined prefix" and 91704 long distance, read " default prefix". you will then have to add every nxx that is local to you in the 704 local area. Repeat this for the 980 local area.

BTW. you can reverse the defined and default numbers if one has a much lower number of nxx's affected.

Either way it's a lot of typing. do it in short burst and save often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back