Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID for analogue sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

beth08

Technical User
Nov 17, 2004
US
Hi, I want to enable analogue phone sets to have caller display ID. I have CLS CNIA, DDGA, NAMA but when I try to enable CNDA it comes back with SCH 6405 ( WRLS must be set to YES) When i then set WRLS to yes it outs the phone and gives SCH 0334 (Incompatible units have been provisioned on the same linecard.)

Does the PBX need to have a particular type of card for analogue sets in order to allow CLID? I read about it needing a class modem card??

system is an option 11 meridian.
thanks!

dont ever set the WRLS prompt to yes, you'll be opening a new thread for that. I would go through that card and check all of the sets for WRLS no, at this point. To answer your question, at the DN prompt, enter the DN followed by the clid table ie: 1234 0. That'll point that set to that clid table

I do think you need the correct card also the NT8D09 will not pass caller id as far as I know.

You need an NT5D60AA Class Modem Card

The clid table and clid entries after your DN have no bearing whatsoever on inbound caller ID.

You definately need the Class Modem Card to accomplish what you want. There are no CLS settings or entries that will circumvent that card requirement for analog displays.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

You need to add CNUA and CNAA to CLS to enable the display in this case with WRLS set to "NO

still need a pri w/ dch for inbound/outbound CLID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back