Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clicky Keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
I hate today's computer keyboards. They feel mushy. Anybody know where I could find a "Clicky" (like the IBM Model M) keyboard, but USB?

There's got to be SOMEONE out there that's still making actual spring-loaded keyboards, instead of having to find a 1992 model.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

A lot of people hang on to their old Mainframe Keyboards. Imagine a keyboard with 20 function keys! A lot of people like those old heavy keyboards. They dont make many sold steel keyboards anymore.

I dont see the appeal to making a keyboard USB. It does not run any better. They make many new keyboards so they are PS2 and have a USB adapter so they can be used either way. So it seems all you need is a PS2 to USB adapter and a PS2 keyboard might be able to be used like that.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

I believe Cherry still make these type of Keyboards.

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

This company has the IP rights to the IBM Model M, and sells several modern models based on the buckling-spring design. No USB though. You can also get the old 101-key layout, which at least I prefer. They also have some layouts that put the Caps Lock key back in the lower left corner:

Actually I was wrong - they do have some USB buckling spring keyboards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back