Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

drifter56

Technical User
Nov 20, 2007
US
Hi Guys,

I have an old Option 61C on succession 4.0, have 4 two shelf superloops and just in the last couple days have received reports of people hearing a clicking sound on both internal and external calls. It is happening on at least 3 of the 4 loops so not sure what could be in common there. Any ideas?

Thanks,

do you have any fiber between the core modules. You may want to start there. Aren't those fiber xpec cards on the 4.0. It's been a while since I have seen one, but if clicking internal and external calls, it could be the connectivity between core modules.

Test 1 - Calls within the same SuperLoop. See if you have clicking on this type of call
Test 2 - Calls from PRI to phone within the same Superloop
Test 3 - Calls between superloops

This way you can narrow down what is causing this. You can also check the Clock controller on your T1/PRI circuits to see if you are getting any errors there. Could be that simple as resetting the T1 circuit.

Hope this helps.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not replying earlier been in the hospital for a while. Thanks Janaya for the thoughts, no fiber in the old system but will see if I can narrow this down a little in the next week or so and provide some better info. Only thing that stands out at this point is it only seems to be affecting digital sets, haven't been able to confirm one analog set that has had this issue.

Also checking that there aren't voice mailboxes on analogue cards that have unread messages as I have known this to cause clicking sounds.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back