Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clicking on option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

pginhb

Technical User
Jul 28, 2011
US
I have an option 11 with 3 cabinets and you can hear clicking on the phones, external and internal calls. Sometimes only 1 person can hear it, sometimes both people can hear it. Most of the phones are on the 2nd cabinet but have found 3 or 4 people complain that are on the 1st cabinet. I have read other posts that have said that the fiber cable caused clicking but since it seems to be on 2 cabinets that probably rules out the fiber, right? I have replaced the power card on the 2nd cabinet but still have the same problem. Could it be the clock on the TMDI card even though it happens on internal calls also?
Thanks.

That does not rule out tn the main cabnethe fiber, I have seen this this caused by either the fiber card in the main cabnet or one of the other fiber components.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Thanks splic3d, I have now had someone complain that they have had 2 calls disconnected today, 1 internal and 1 external, not sure if this is related to the clicking or not, could it be?

You may want to get some parts in a hurry, fiber daughter board, fiber receiver and fiber cable. Sounds like it is getting worse and is going to completely fail very soon.

KCF is right, a bad fiber component can cause calls to drop and the clicking. Some problems seem not to get reported. My first bet would be the fiber daughter board in the main cabinet, but it could be any of the components. At the price you can get them for now days the cost is worth getting all.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Thanks all, will take all fiber parts and replace.

Do you have Meridian Mail on the system?. I've known the clicking problem be caused by unread messages on analogue extensions.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Update on clicking--
I have replaced the power card on the 2nd cabinet, the fiber daughter board on the main cabinet, the fiber link cable, the fiber receiver on the 2nd cabinet and still had clicking. I then disabled the clock controller, the PRI, and the TMDI card and backed it out, then tested on internal calls, still had clicking. When I powered the system back up I did have ERR 5112 and 5115 against card 17, (overload condition) the card did not disable but when that card was backed out I still had clicking. The one thing I did notice was they were getting some BSD 090-Expansion cabinet 1-PWR BATT followed by BSD 090-Expansion cabinet 1, PWR BATT OK, then ld 45 ran.
This only happened 3,4 times a day but when I powered up the cabinets, it went crazy, spitting out the bsd 090's left and right. The only thing plugged into the power card is the 3 prong plug going to a regular apc battery back up. nothing plugged into the battery back up port. That BSD 090 said, Battery box breaker not switched on or battery cable fault in expansion cabinet 1. Does anybody think that it could be the cabinet itself? Thanks. Also I disabled and backed out 1 card at a time, analog and digital,every card in cabinet 2 and tested every time I backed a card out to see if a card was causing it, still had clicking.

Usually I would check the trunks first. Do you have T1 errors? If so, what type?

No errors on the PRI, LCNT comes back with all 0's, but I am also having the clicking on internal calls. Does anybody have any feedback on the BSD 090 error codes against expansion cabinet 1 in the above post? Not sure if I should proceed with changing the cabinet or the SSC first.
Thanks.

Replace the Fibre cable. Follow the tip I found by taking the covers off the Option cabinets and dimming the lights in the room. If you see any light leaking from the fibre and around the spool is a good area to check, then you will need to replace it.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back