Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clicking noise opt11

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald01

Technical User
Mar 1, 2011
US
what are the steps to replace a ntdk23aa fiber reciever card on expansion cabinet. i have a clicking noise only on 1 cabinet not a bad digital line card

Do you have meridian Mail?. If so, check that it isn't an unanswered mailbox. To change out the fibre receiver card, Power off the expansion cabinet, but do a full system backup in LD 143 first!.

Then replace the fibre card, but be careful in NOT bending the fibre. Take your time and then power up the cabinet again. I wouldn't power down the main cabinet unless you were replacing the fibre cable.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I wouldn't count on the Fiber Card totally, I have had to replace the daughter board on the SSC on one system and the actual fiber between the cabinets on another. So if you don't want to go back I would take all three, unless you feel lucky

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back