Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clicking heard and calls dropped on lines 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
BCM50....that's all I know and will assume copper lines.

Note from client:
Since the weekend of March 10th we have a clicking sound on our phone lines.
The clicking sound is only heard on our end (callers's do not hear this clicking sound) and we are unable to hear callers through this clicking, then sound cuts out and sometimes the call is dropped by our system (line hangs up on the caller).

Wondering if anyone has run into this one before I travel to site to test.

Thanks

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

My initial thoughts are wet cables. Bell problem. Only other time I've seen anything like this is if it's an old BCM 50 v1.0 vintage motherboard. If it's too close to the central office, over time the line port burns out and this is the symptom as the problem progresses. I'd point to wet cables first though.

Issues is with line 061-063 out of 6 lines
No fault found while on site
They said they could go a day with no issues but it's very random and the clicking is every second.
Carrier has been out 3 times, but never an issue when they are onsite.
Moved lines 061&62 to only 2 spares 067&068, re-programmed sets , client to monitor if problem stays/follows.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back