Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clicking BACK to a GridView that was sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

chpicker

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
I have a page with a GridView. This grid allows you to sort it by clicking on column headers, it is paginated so it shows only 15 rows per page, and each row contains a DETAILS link that goes to another URL.

The problem occurs when a user sorts the grid by date, clicks through the pages to find which row she wants to view, realizes she got the wrong one and clicks the BACK button. From the user's point of view, she should see the page as she left it: sorted by date and on the page that contained the detail link she clicked on. However, it reverts back to the default sort and page one.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It happens whether browser caching is enabled or not. I'm working with ASP.NET 2.0.

Ian

i believe clicking back is like moving to a whole new page, so viewstate is reset.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back