Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Click on TALK? What TALK???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilltek

Programmer
Mar 8, 2001
PH
I use the Sidekick 98 dialer a lot to auto dial via my address book and have always used HANG UP after dialing and then lifting my phone handset. This is fine, but the time of the call is not logged.
I looked in help and it says.....
3. Lift the receiver of your phone, and click the Talk button in the Call Status dialog box. Or you can click Hang Up to cancel the call.
What Talk button? I have looked all over and I don't seem to have one.
Am I missing something?
Any help would be appreciated.
Ken F

Dear KenF,
Actually, when you initiate the call from the Dialer, if you don't pick up the receiver, when the person on the other end picks up their phone a Message Box will come up with the message:
"Pick up the receiver and click the talk button"
If the number is engaged or unavailable a message box will come up telling you that.

Furthermore, if you don't use HANG UP after dialling and picking up your handset and you leave the phone dialer on the screen until you have finished your call and then Use HANG UP When you have finished the call, it will then pop up a Message Box which asks you if you want to log the call to the current Card.
HTH Regards Jim

Hi Jim,

Just found your message from August 23 2002 to Ken re the phone dialer and the popup call status screen. I have his same problem (no popup screen which enables talk feature) and nothing works. I tried what you suggested and the only time I get a popup is when the called line is busy. Is there any other solution? When I click hangup, my computer occasionally hangs and I have to reboot it in order to continue using the phone dialer in SK98.

Thanks,
Bill

I solved it in the end by changing the modem driver.
Ken F

Dear Ken,
Well done,

You could post a Faq entitled:

'Problems with Phone Dialer Sidekick98'

Then give details of your solution (Modem manufacturer and Driver versions etc)
If you don't mind taking the time to do that, it would be a handy reference for others with the same problem.
Thanks for posting back with the solution whatever you decide...

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back