Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

click on back, forwad and reload button

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebo100

Technical User
May 11, 2007
PH
is there an event handler or listener when clicking the browsers back, forwad and reload buttons?

JEBO
4saledavao

i am new to javascript and
i have this manual titled "Javascript Programer's Reference" by Cliff Wooton.

i was just wandering if there really is an "onBack ,onForward and onRefresh" event handlers as written in this manual.
the manual says -"trigers when The user has clicked on the [FORWARD] button".

thanks

JEBO
4saledavao

I believe BabyJeffy is correct. However, there are several javascript libraries that solve this problem using a hidden iframe and the URL hash. The Yahoo User Interface(YUI) is one library that solves this problem. You could look at the source code or use the library.

Three things:

1. If you've got the code, why not try it for yourself and find out? It would have taken less time to knock up a quick test harness that it would have done to type your post.

2. Just how old is this book, and what browsers does it claim these events are supported by? My guess is 'old' and 'none'.

3. If you get no joy, you could read up on the "onbeforeunload" and "onunload" events to see if they help.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back