Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Click Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

akelly200

Programmer
Jan 15, 2001
US
Hi there
Many thanks in advance

I am trying to work out simple ratios. what i am doing is a simple test to work out if a mouse button is clicked for 30 seconds then a pause then for a further 30 seconds. firstly for the right hand and then for the left hand. the i would like to display the reults if possible.

If anyone could help i would appreciate it very much. and if possible any code that could be included would be muchly appreciated.

Once again many thanks for the help i revieve.
Andy

This isn't too hard. Here's what I would do.
Use the MouseDown event to detect the mouse button press. At that time initialize a timer to count the time elapsed, you can detect wich button was pressed by testing on the MouseDown event if Button = vbRightButton or vbLeftButton. Then on the MouseUp event get the value from the timer again, this way you'll know by how many time you had the right/left mouse button pressed.

This would be something like:

Public start, finish, elapsed

Private Sub Form_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

start = Timer

End Sub

Private Sub Form_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

finish = Timer
elapsed = finish - start
MsgBox (elapsed)

End Sub

If you try this code you will get the time you had the mouse button pressed, then you can check if it's the right/left button and other stuff you might need. But this is how you can get the elapsed time.

Hope this helps ( If so don't forget to give me a star :) )
If you need more help let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back