Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clic button javascript echo's text to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

onina

Technical User
Aug 2, 2002
US
I have designed a virtual qwerty keyboard using css and html ahref's. I now need a way that when someone using a touchscreen monitor, tapping on the ahref css links will send a text character or assigned numeric character to the form field on the same page. I hope to be able to move from form field to form field by using a virtual tab key. As it is, I am not even sure what I should even be looking for in the javascript world?
Imagine a regular php form, and underneath it a virtual keyboard utilized via a touchscreen.

I I understand correctly, you'll want to send the letter or key being pressed to a textfield. So: Using the onClick events of the keys populate the adequate textfield with value.

Code:
<a href="" onClick="document.getElementById('textfield').value+='A'; return false">A</a>

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back