Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing the postmaster undeliverable mail from Que 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1per

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
CA
Hi All,

I was just wondering if there was a way to automate these emails from the que. These are making my que bigger than they need to be. Is there a way for these to be deleted automatically?

Thanks in advance

Mark

short of disabling auto reply to the internet, I wouldnt have thought so.

I disbled it some weeks ago, havent had a word of complaint from any users / managers / directors so far...

Where do you do that. I also turned off NDR in exhange and they are all gone now. But where do you disable auto reply are you talking about outlook?

Open System Manager - Global Settings - Internet Message Formats - properties for the Default Recipient policy - Advanced.
Disable all 'Allow..' lines

Ok yes that is what I did thanks. One other thing would that have any negative affect to it?

erm, people who email ciefexec@mydomain.com instead of chiefexec@mydomain.com wouldnt get a NDR and could argue until they are blue in the face that they DID infact sent the highly important contract before the deadline expired

In theory though it will sit in your badmail folder and you would be able to prove that it wouldnt have arrived anyway due to incorrect addressing.

Might be worth waiting for some additional input from some other forum members, as I'm sure my input isnt the be-all and end-all on the subject ;-)

Cheers

Paul

well thanks for you help gold star for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back