Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing Text Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2006
US
I'm really new to access and need a little help. When my report is opened I ask the user to enter information into four different input boxes that go into 4 different text boxes I have. What I want to happen is that if the user clicks the cancel button on the last input box it will clear whatever the user entered in the first 3 text boxes and close the report. I've tried using the Me.Undo feature on the text boxes but that isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

How are ya huskerphil . . .

Curious this!

Applying some insight here, [purple]what if the user cancels the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?[/purple] . . .

[blue]Your Thoughts? , , ,[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

You should never use parameter prompts since they are inflexible and offer little or no control over user input. Use a form with controls for all report/query criteria. This allows you to make sure the user stays between the lines.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

huskerphil . . .

Agree with [blue]dhookom[/blue]. A form allows you to completely validate you data before opening the report!

BTW: [blue]Welcome to Tek-Tips![/blue] To get great answers be sure to have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back