Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing swf file from Cache in ASP situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Greetings,
I am using a Flash frontend with an Access database. When a user submits a comment, it is forwarded to an asp page and is stored in the database. The asp page then redirects back to the swf, which pulls all of the info back out of the database.

Problem: The swf does not recognize the new post(s), and lists only the records available since the beginning of the session. I have tried Session.Abandon, Meta Content Tags etc. but have no luck. The swf refuses to see any new posts unless the browser is closed and reopened.

Blargh.
Any insight would be appreciated,
Mike

Hi Mike

I'm having the same problem that you posted earlier. I'm using IE 6.0 and i find that after the database is updated, I need to press CTRL+F5 to view the new data.

I've also tried using the Response.Expires and also tried:
<%
Response.Expires = 15
Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 2
Response.AddHeader &quot;pragma&quot;,&quot;no-cache&quot;
Response.AddHeader &quot;cache-control&quot;,&quot;private&quot;
Response.CacheControl = &quot;no-cache&quot;
%>

You mentioned that it was a browser issue. Could you elaborate on that?

thx.

If your problem is that you need to be confident that the data you're loading is always current (which I think it is), all you need to do is use a dummy querystring in your loadvariables statement. As I've mentioned in another thread, something like this will ensure your data is up to date:

Code:
loadvariablesnum(&quot;mypage.asp?nocache=&quot; + Math.round(Math.random()*100000), 0, &quot;POST&quot;);

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back