Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing Send Queue in Eudora 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

haslamjd

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2007
US
I keep getting a message telling me I have messages to be sent when I try and close Eudora 7. Checking the details it says that there is an error trying to send a message that has From: <>.

The Error area at the bottom says:
"<Dominant>, 2 messages left to send, MAIL FROM:<> [02:25:27]
There has been an error transferring your mail. I said: MAIL FROM:<> and then the SMTP server [smtp.hostname.com)said: 550 SMTP Envelope Sender must be valid"

How do I clear these email messages from the send queue in Eudora 7 to stop this message during shut-down, as it is probably junk email anyway?

I can't find anything on this in help files, net searches, or on this Forum. Please help if you can!

Thanks,

Wow, it's not any big deal, but you can just clear the message from the OUT box and it's gone.

It could be a syntax error in the address, compare it to others you have sent successfully, or it could be that your ISP is looking for a validation from the recipient.

I can't think right now, but deleting the message from the outbox is the quickest way to make it disappear.

LkEErie

Thanks LkEErie,

I just moved the entire contents of the "Out" folder to a new folder location and the error stopped. An e-mail in that folder was the problem, but I had over 200+ out bound messages in there, and nothing seemed to jump out as the one causing the problem. Guess I should do my house cleaning mre often and purge out those main folders. At least this way I have stopped getting the annoying message, and it gives me some time to sort through them one-by-one and figure out what caused it in the first place.

I appreciate your information.
Haslamjd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back