Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing overrides in multiple table cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

fewixree

Vendor
Aug 27, 2012
AU
Hi everyone!

Hope someone here can help me find a faster way of doing this. I am redesigning a 100 page Indesign catalogue. As the new design is completely different to the old one, I am starting a new Indesign document, copy and pasting text from the old doc to the new doc. Paragraph styles set in the old doc were simply override by highlighting the text and using the 'Clear All Overrides' function in the right-click menu. No dramas here. However there are a lot of tables that I have to copy across, which has different paragraph styles within each cell from the old doc. I realise that I can still override each cell individually, but not all at once. I tried highlighting all the cells in a table and right click, no 'Clear All Overrides' function there :(

There are a lot of tables that I have to copy across, and most of them have 20 rows x 10 columns... I am hoping there is a faster way to override the styles than highlighting each individual cells and overriding them that way. HEEEEEEELP!!

...create a new "target" paragragh style and use "find/change" to swap out the old style to the new style in the "find format:" and "change format:" boxes at the bottom of the dialog box. Click the icon on the top right of these boxes (small magnifier with a "T" symbol")...

...in there we have "Style Options" and a "Paragraph Style" drop down to select the styles we want to remap.

...click OK.

...then do a "Change All" on the whole document.

...after that you can remove unused styles from the paragragh styles and character styles palette (top right arrow fly out menu). From that menu "select all unused" styles and then delete them by clicking the trash icon (bottom right of palette).

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back