Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing Java Cache Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hennessyk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2007
I currently have a 2003 Terminal Server with an application running on a that doesn't work on a consistent basis. The vendors solution to everything is "clear the Java Cache". I'd like to prove them wrong but the terminal server is so locked down the users can't access control panel or the java on the quick launch. Is there a way to clear the cache for the 40 plus users in one command as the admin? I love to prove the vendor wrong that their app is junk. I believe we are running Java 1.5. thanks in advance.

I've got exactly the same question so am interested in any answers.

Our issue is that disabling the caching solves an issue we have with random crashes of Java, so we need to either mass clear the cache for 600+ users or disable caching totally.

You can delete the contents of the directorty where the cache files are held, but that won't hide you have a problem with your apps.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back