Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing Drive Mapping Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjlight

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
US
I cannot seem to clear two drive mappings. They are not shown using NET USE, the drive letter they occupy is not shown as mapable when trying to map through windows explorer, and are not deleted when using NET USE * /DELETE. They continue to be present. How do I reset these?

TIA

Tried that. No success.

This is my logon.bat file:

L: and W: both show up as disconnected but I click on them and they connect. In the case of inventory it is mapped to a wrong share.

net use l: /delete /y
net use w: /delete /y
net use n: /delete /y

net use l: \\server1\inventory
net use w: \\server1\users
net use n: \\server1\mail

There must be a cache or something that needs clearing but what is beyond me.

Do you have offline synchronization or something like that setup on these drives?

That's the only thing I can think of. In IE, go to tools, synchronize. Check if the network drives are synching to the local machine.

I could give you vbscript to unmap the drive, but it'll do the same as the interface. I don't know what else to tell you.

Ray D'Andrade

Have you done a search for *.bat? Just to see any batch files you don't know about? Just a thought.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're a kid at heart, check out Tek-Tips Disney
"We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have never deceived us."
Samuel Johnson (1709-1784); English author, critic, & lexicographer.

GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR!

Glen - Thanks for pointing out the "trees" in the forest!

A prior Administrator had set ip a policy to run logon.bat for all logons irrespective of a user's profile. That apparently cloned logon.bat under the policy key in some manner so my changing and deleting the logon.bat from the NETLOGON share accomplished nothing. I had gone looking for a group policy and found and disabled it some time ago but that by itself had not fixed the problem. With your suggestion I found and deleted the version of logon.bat that was stored in the policy's directory in the virtual world. This weekend I'll try it on the real network. I'll let you know.

Looks promising!

Thanks!

Glen,

The batch files under the scripts were the reverting mapping problem. Now how do I clear this this strange effect having you will see at the below?

I am unable to clear the L and W drives from the list of mapped drives even with no logon.bat at all, they are not shown as mapped and net use does not see them.

I am back to looking for some sot of mapping cache in srver 2003.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back