Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clearing an interval of a mc inside a mc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

polyglot

Programmer
Nov 28, 2007
Hello-

I need to clear an interval for a movie clip that is loaded dynamically into another movie clip (empty); with oldnewbie's help I had this working when the clip whose interval had to be cleared was on the root timeline; but now that the clip is in an empty movie clip I am not sure how to code the actionscript to clear the interval. The name of the movie clip whose interval is to be cleared is "aimerslow"; the name of the empty movie clip that contains the aimerslow clip is "aimer_mc". Here is my attempt at coding it (bear with me - I am VERY new to actionscript and Flash):

_root.aimer_mc.aimerslow.clearInterval(aimerslow.tweenFaster);

Please let me know if you can figure out what I need to change in the code - I am fairly certain that the code I need to change is this line. Any help is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back