Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clearing an 11C

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRNurse

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
AU
Is there any way I can reset an Option 11C to default configuration, I don't have a blank 11C Database.rec file, and wondered if there was some other way to clean a system totally?
It's a spare 11C, so there's no impact to wiping it totally, obviously I don't want to "brick" the system, but a clean slate would be good.

if you have the keycode disk, do a control i during boot.. i don't get to play with 11's very often but someone here should get you through that one.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

There are various ways to do this. One way is to reload the 11c system as a new install & select the default configuration option. You will need a pcmcia card System keycodes & the correct software.
Or you can just use various scripts to remove data. The complete ESN can be removed with a neat "pdt" command. Another way is to reload the system with another database that does not have much data in it.
I have a number of default UK configurations which I sometimes use. They have things such as cadences, PRI settings, Call barring tables etc. It saves time having to re enter in the same data.
What is your software version?

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

WARNING !

If you're going to reload the switch,
you are going to need more info than just the keycodes.

When you do a CTRL-I, print an installation summary.
You'll need the ID, software package and whether or not
additional packages were added. If there some added, re-boot and print the packages from LD 22.

You can of course use LD 143, Upgrade Option 3 for utilities, then Installation summery (7 I think). Also print out the details in LD 22 such as ISS / ISSP, SLT, TID etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back