Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clearing all trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin1

Technical User
Oct 10, 2001
CA
i have ie5
how do i delete all trace of visited websites

I have Windows 95 so if you have Windows 98 your pop up window under Internet Options may show up differently.

Tools
Internet Options
Advanced
Under SECURITY:
Checkmark Empty Temporary Internet files.....

Also keep history clear by:

Tools
Internet Options
General
Put the days to keep files to "0"

Hope this helps!

ggebhart@clover.net
I hope I never get too old or arrogant to learn something new!

If you are using Internet Explorer at work all websites are recorded on the main gateway, impossible to delete unless you are a real hacker. If you use a Novell Server at work, the sites are also recorded there.

the only possible way to get around this is to use a redirector or a tunneler. Allows you to send http packets in a tunnel to prevent some one watching what you are doing
go here

later

The actual values are stored in the user.dat file, but it would be pretty hard to distinctly modify this file. What you can do is Tools->Internet Options->Content->Auto Complete->Unclick Web Addresses and hit okay. Restart IE, delete the history and temporary files and those sites will not be listed anymore.

ackka
ackka@mad.scientist.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back