Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clear VPN Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahays

Vendor
Feb 22, 2005
US
I have a couple of 9641G VPN phones at home that I used to support a remote customer who has now left Avaya in favor of Teams (holding my breath until they realize their mistake). However, I cannot figure out how to clear the VPN settings from these phones so that I can used them as standard IP handsets. I've performed "clear" and tried several other things that don't work. I'm hoping that I won't need to setup and external tftp server or anything BUT, it is what it is and if that's the only way then I'll bite the bullet and make it happen. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

regs,

.al.

Avaya Certified Expert

Try # or craft. If those don’t work then you will need to stand up a utility server and 242 scope options on an internal network. The phones can grab new settings so you can login to the phone to clear.

Yeah ... the "CRAFT" login won't clear the VPN settings, only the base config.

regs,

.al.

SOLVED: I simply turned off the VPN and ... viola!

regs,

.al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back